CityXpress bus service number 444 operates from the city (Queen Street Bus Station) direct to QCAT (the QCAT stop name is "Qcat"). The 444 also goes through the Indooroopilly bus station (located at Indooroopilly Shopping Town) which connects with many other services including the Great Circle Line.
- Click here here for the City Bus timetable from the City to QCAT.
- Phone - call the TransInfo line on 13 1230.
Note that the bus stop is about 300m before the QCAT entrance. So, if coming from the city, continue to walk in the direction that the bus was going. Cross the road and take the first right turn into the Woodcrest housing estate. Turn right at the roundabout and you will see the QCAT entrance. Follow signs to reception.
Driving yourself (from the airport using the Inner City Bypass)
Our lab is located just out of Brisbane to the south west. The airport is to the north east of the city. The most direct route is via the following:
If you require assistance, call QCAT reception on 3327 4444.
- Come from the airport and follow the signs to the City. This will take you onto the Gateway Motorway from which you will take the first exit on to Kingsford Smith Drive.
- Follow Kingsford Smith Drive for approximately 4 km at which time you should see signs for the Inner City Bypass (ICB) (shortly after a BP petrol station on the right).The start of the ICB is signalled by a tunnel.
- Follow the ICB for approximately 4.5 km until you see an exit for Milton Road. Take this exit then turn right at the lights onto Milton Road, you should shortly see the XXXX brewery on the right.
- Follow Milton Road for approximately 3 km which will bring you to a large roundabout (traffic circle). Head straight through the roundabout (2nd exit) onto the Western Freeway.
- After approximately 4 km you will see the Moggill Road exit, take this and turn right at the traffic lights (follow the signs to the Moggill Ferry). You should shortly see a Lexus Car Dealership on your left.
- Follow Moggill Road for approximately 4km, taking you through the suburbs of Indooroopilly, Chapel Hill and Kenmore.
- In Kenmore you will come to a roundabout, turn left (first exit), go through one set of lights (a pedestrian crossing), and turn right at the next set of lights. This takes you out into the bush on a mostly single lane winding road, still on route 33, heading towards the Moggill Ferry.
- Follow this for 4.0 km. When you are almost there you will get to a hill which has an overtaking lane going up. At the bottom of the hill is a marked right hand turn lane, and also a large blue and white CSIRO logo.
- Turn right, through the gates of the Woodcrest Housing estate. Turn right again at the first roundabout, then turn left just inside the CSIRO gates.
- Wind your way up the hill through the car parks and head toward the flag poles - that's visitor parking.
- Thereafter, proceed through the main doors into reception.
At reception you will have to sign the visitors book, let them know who you are visiting and collect a visitor badge.